Commanders Post at The Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Commanders Post at The Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Locker Room Main Forum Commanders Football & NFL discussion


Post Seattle Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2026, 06:17 PM   #1
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 58
Posts: 4,113
Post Seattle Thoughts

So Patrick at center seemed fine against a tough defense. They have to eliminate the silly illegal motion type mistakes. And Sainristil was still a liability. And I hope Chenal is ok - was having his best game prior to the injury.

But Robertson and Styles came to play. Medrano stepped up when we needed him. Scary finally had a game that he needed and the team needed. McCaffrey returned the ball well, and Rachaad White continues to play well (and had a nice return too). Mariota was just calm and controlled behind center. Our run D is really a strength now and Kinlaw had another good game, as did Settle. Josh Josephs has some bend and had some moments too. Credit to Blough for making adjustments to his play calls - runs on 3rd and 9 and then 3rd and 8 to seal the wins were awesome.

Gritty team win. I think the Seahawks underestimated us. And man is that JSN an amazing receiver. Dude just gets open. They could have had a game plan of throwing to him every down and they’d have probably won.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2026, 06:39 PM   #2
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 55
Posts: 24,491
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Didn’t watch. I think i am going to a make a habit of it because the team I see when I watch could never have won today!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2026, 06:50 PM   #3
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 43
Posts: 20,955
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

On any given Sunday. And I'm glad I live in walking distance from a bar that has enough Redskins fans to get a couple TVs.
__________________
"You can be my wingman anytime."
"Bulls**t. You can be mine."
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2026, 08:52 PM   #4
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 58
Posts: 4,113
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Any day we win and Dallas loses is a beautiful day. So happy to see the Cowboys implode. All Bmore needed was 7 seconds. Hahahahhahahahhaha!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2026, 10:08 PM   #5
WCommandersfan99
The Starter
 
WCommandersfan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,294
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Didn’t watch. I think i am going to a make a habit of it because the team I see when I watch could never have won today!
I didn't watch either. Just watched a 20 minutes highlight clip which works. Kudos to Mariota. Got rid of the ball quick. Stayed in the pocket. Throws a highly catchable ball. McClaurin balled out. This was the Terry we all love. Love his fire. Looked like a fun game from the highlights. Hope Chenal is okay. Will definitely take an unexpected W especially against the champs.

Hail!
__________________
Hail to the Commanders!
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2026, 10:31 PM   #6
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 58
Posts: 4,113
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

And for everyone saying endure the day we passed on Drake Maye, he’s leading the league in TOs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2026, 10:35 PM   #7
WCommandersfan99
The Starter
 
WCommandersfan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,294
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
And for everyone saying endure the day we passed on Drake Maye, he’s leading the league in TOs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
35-6 Jags over Pats?!? What the heck happened? Has to be the worst loss there under Vrabel. Crushing.
__________________
Hail to the Commanders!
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 09:10 AM   #8
88Commanders00
The Starter
 
88Commanders00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2024
Posts: 1,468
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

We are resigning RB Austin Eckler.
88Commanders00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 09:32 AM   #9
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 58
Posts: 4,113
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Fuck - Chenal to have season ending surgery on his neck. That’s just awful.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 09:40 AM   #10
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,929
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

You never know how games are going to go but I was feeling confident going into the game that it would be close. I never thought it would be a shoot out though. There were a lot of weird trends that had been happening that were bound to break.

Seattle had been 8-0 at 1 pm starts on the East Coast that is simply not sustainable. They also had a 12 game win streak again not sustainable.

Commanders hadn't had a turnover all season despite running a very assertive Flores style defense. Those were bound to start happening. We faced a rookie running back that had been putting the ball on the ground and rusty QB.

I hate prevent defense that 1 minute drive in the 4th was so frustrating.

I know there are a lot of hatters out here (old skool warpath there) but need to give the coaching staff a ton of credit this season. The team has played well in 5 out of 6 halves. It is easy to believe that second half of the Dallass game is very different if the injury to JD doesn't happen. Defense forced a punt in the second and we had all the momentum.

I don't know if these are growing pains in the Blough offense but those illegal motion penalties have been rough. I'm okay with it as we establish a hopefully long term offensive system but it was frustrating.

I don't know what to think about Stevens dude nails a 57 yarder in the rain, but misses a 48 yard XP.
__________________
lex iniusta non est lex-Thomas Aquinas
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 09:41 AM   #11
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,929
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Fuck - Chenal to have season ending surgery on his neck. That’s just awful.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is awful I feel for the guy
__________________
lex iniusta non est lex-Thomas Aquinas
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 09:45 AM   #12
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,929
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
And for everyone saying endure the day we passed on Drake Maye, he’s leading the league in TOs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That hasn't held up this season. JD has looked like the best QB from the class and Maye might not even be the 4th best
__________________
lex iniusta non est lex-Thomas Aquinas
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 09:49 AM   #13
mredskins
Gamebreaker
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 13,322
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Fuck - Chenal to have season ending surgery on his neck. That’s just awful.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dammit! I was excited for him to be here

Wishing the best for him

This franchise I swear is cursed
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 10:32 AM   #14
WCommandersfan99
The Starter
 
WCommandersfan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,294
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Fuck - Chenal to have season ending surgery on his neck. That’s just awful.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is. Feel horrible for him. Really thought he'd do big things this year. No he won't even get the opportunity.

NFL's injuries and violence are worst I've ever seen them. Serious injuries weekly along with CTE. Honestly starting to wonder about the sustainability of the league long term. Brutal sport.
__________________
Hail to the Commanders!
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 10:35 AM   #15
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 58
Posts: 4,113
Re: Post Seattle Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Yes it is. Feel horrible for him. Really thought he'd do big things this year. No he won't even get the opportunity.

NFL's injuries and violence are worst I've ever seen them. Serious injuries weekly along with CTE. Honestly starting to wonder about the sustainability of the league long term. Brutal sport.

Bigger, faster, stronger - today’s players are amazing. But it’s such a rough game.

Just saw that Achane in Miami tore his ACL. Just brutal (for a team without any other real weapons too).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34372 seconds with 12 queries