![]() |
|
|||||||
| Locker Room Main Forum Commanders Football & NFL discussion |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#16 |
|
Pro Bowl
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 41
Posts: 5,976
|
Re: Post Colt thread
Cant remember a worse reffed game. This league is absolutely a garbage reality tv product.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
|
|
|
|
| Advertisements |
|
|
#17 |
|
Hail Raiser
![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 53
Posts: 100,082
|
Re: Post Colt thread
It’s obvious the football gods have it out for us. 2024 was just a cruel tease.
Injuries, bullshit penalties, not sure how much more I can take. |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Playmaker
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,927
|
Re: Post Colt thread
The Refs are so bad across the league that it really doesn't matter.. washington can fix our issues but what's the league gonna do to fix the ref issue when it's 100% affecting the game outcome with BS calls ... it's becoming unwatchable
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Playmaker
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Colorado
Age: 38
Posts: 3,773
|
Re: Post Colt thread
Quote:
I 100% agree that the refs are not referring games accordingly. Although, to be fair with refs, there are litany of rules that they need to remember at a minuscule second. Plus NFL is constantly changing rules. NFL is not making it any easier on refs as well. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 | |
|
Playmaker
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 60
Posts: 2,917
|
Re: Post Colt thread
Quote:
They are sooner or later going to have to accept that the cost of professional officials, that are accountable, is going to have to be paid if they want to avoid fans turning off. Aside from the bad calls, there were 2 instances of questionable behaviour from officials (Cards and Vikings games). The NFL isn't just looking bad domestically, there's a lot of chatter over here about how the outcome yesterday undermines the international series. The NFL wants paying fans. Take the damned results out of the hands of officials. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
|
Playmaker
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 58
Posts: 4,132
|
Re: Post Colts thread
Jaylin Lane with a dislocated and broken ankle. Sheesh. Awful. No way he’s back this year.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?" "I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 | |
|
Playmaker
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 58
Posts: 4,132
|
Re: Post Colt thread
Quote:
Someone on TikTok juxtaposed the hit on Mahomes and the hit on Kaliakmanis - they were identical. Roughing call for Mahomes but not for Kaliakmanis. Our called back td was horrendous too. There were other bad gaffes as well. I cannot recall ever hearing as much chatter about bad refereeing - and outcome swings because of it - as I am hearing now. (The cynical part of me wonders about the rampant betting markets around this stuff too.). But it is definitely affecting him a people feel about the game and that is a bad thing for the league. They need to address it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?" "I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 | |
|
Gamebreaker
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 14,635
|
Re: Post Colt thread
Quote:
It's league wide sadly. I have always been against getting rid of the refs but lately I'm having second thoughts. First they need these guys at full time employees becuase they aren't. I say give each team 5 challenges for penalties a game, something of that nature.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
The Starter
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,315
|
Re: Post Colt thread
I didn't see it live but the hit on Kaliakmanis looked worse to me with replay. More intent and less effort to minimize the collision to the ground. SMH so sad.
__________________
Hail to the Commanders! |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
|
Playmaker
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 60
Posts: 2,917
|
Re: Post Colt thread
Quote:
And yes, they should be full time officials. They a) get paid a lot for part time work and b) when teh league tried it before it was ONLY abandoned because of costs. Well if you want to make more money guys... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 | |
|
Living Legend
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 43
Posts: 20,961
|
Re: Post Colt thread
Quote:
Yikes man, it's fucking brutal out there for WFT.
__________________
"You can be my wingman anytime." "Bulls**t. You can be mine." |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Living Legend
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,630
|
Re: Post Colt thread
I've kinda already checked out. I just don't have any confidence in Peters or Quinn.
Quinn continues to do something stupid every single week. Does he simply look at his stupid analytics sheet when running the game? Why go for it on his own 45 with a crappy ass line? I know this is nit picky but I go back to the SB when DQ was w/ Atl. All he had to do was run the ball and kick a FG and the Pats don't win that game. They had NE buried and they lost. A stronger head coach doesn't lose that game. I just can't get down with this guy anymore. Plus he is a defense first coach and we have been at the bottom of the league in defense every single year he has been here. This is now 3 years in a row w/ numerous free agents added. Maybe I'm just being impatient or a beaten down fan. |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Living Legend
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,630
|
Re: Post Colt thread
Mahomes is going to get that call for obvious reasons. Our 3rd stringer drafted in the 7th round isn't getting that same respect.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|